Saturday, April 07, 2007

New Directions

I've been promising for awhile that Treyopia was going to be taking a new direction. Here it is. I'm really just not that inspired to write about daily life here. I think I've covered almost everything already. Furthermore, as an officer now in the company and not just a teacher anymore [that promotion came through], I don't feel inclined to write much about my actual work. Too many people who I work with and whom I want to recruit read this for me to be brutally honest.

Besides, I'm a politics junkie and this is stuff I love. I'm using Hong Kong as a supply base to get new books so that when I write I know what I'm talking about. Chinese politics is something I currently know little about and it's a subject that I'm sure many people want information on. As I learn, I'll share. Here's my chance to act as an on-the-ground observer immersing myself in the literature that's out there. Besides, this might help decide if this is something I want to get serious about studying.

With that said, I invite regular readers to make a decision about whether they want to stay with me or not. I'll post up older-style materials when I can, but I think from now on it's going to look more like the past week than anything else. In any case, thanks for reading. It means a lot.

1 comment:

Gabby Girl said...

This is all in jest, Trey.

Oh, come'on man. Who cares if you're brutally honest. You're American! Hell, I even think that the Bible mentions somewhere that we have to be brutally honest!

Leave it the Great Fire Wall of China to bend the truth for you. Blogger is blocked here anyway.

Go all out on your topic of politics, but I don't think you need to stop talking about your opinions on daily life in China because of your new position.

Honesty is always the best policy, you know.

:)