New China Blog
A recent pen-pal of mine, Gabrielle, will be arriving in the coastal town of Fuyang [Zhejiang province] in the next day or so. I think the breadth of that Fuyang link, which was the best I found on Google, speaks to it's size. It doesn't even show up on my map of China.
Expect a great introductory post very soon. She's a fellow Southerner [South Carolina] and an excellent writer with very sharp observations coupled with the same ADD-storytelling style that I have. If you like Treyopia, you'll love her blog.
If anyone is interested in reading [outside the blogosphere] about what it's like living outside the big cities of China, I highly recommend the book Rivertown by Peter Hessler. He was one of the first Peace Corps volunteers allowed in China after the Cultural Revolution and spent two years on the Yangtzhe in the city of Fuling.
Tags: Treyopia Gabrielle Cook Fuyang Zhejiang blog Peter Hessler Rivertown China
No comments:
Post a Comment