Vision
I am a man of vision if nothing else. I awoke from my after-lunch nap [one more thing I love about teaching in China - a two hour break after lunch plus a nap room :-)] with two visions. The first vision was that in an alternate life I was meant to be a rock star. Just as I enjoy running around a classroom full of kids pretending to be a ninja, I could have pulled off a fun stage presence for the masses. It wasn't meant to be. Vision dead.
The second vision was of a margarita and a mushroom cloud. Being so far away from home crystallizes in minds eye what things you really like. Me? I really dig me a well-mixed margarita with some Mexican food. I envisioned quesadillas and tacos, margaritas, and a party with my limited social network in Shenzhen. Mexican food is too hard to pull off, but after some Googling I found some recipes for homemade margarita mix. So tonight, friends, we celebrate the beginning of the next chapter of nuclear proliferation in Asia with...
No comments:
Post a Comment